Discover the benefits of B-CITI for your municipality
By 2050, about 70% of the world's population will live in urban areas.UN - 2014
The number of Internet-connected devices hit 8.7 billion in 2012. IP-enabled sensors are projected to exceed 50 billion by 2020.BCG Perspectives: Navigating a world of digital disruption - 2015
More and more cities are using data to animate and inform interactions between government and citizens to improve wellbeing.Governing the Smart, Connected City HBR – 2014
A city becomes smart when it can cross and centralize data and technological processes so as to optimize the functioning of its divisions.ITIS - 2012
Download our B-CITI apps for Android and iOS
B-CITI brings cities closer to their residents. B-CITI is an integrated intelligent multi-modal/multi-channel platform: B-CITI connects systems, centralizes and cleans data, digitizes resident services and provides real-time analytics dashboards. B-CITI helps cities move from fragmented to global and improved management, simplifying operations and enhancing the quality of life of its residents.
Smart resident platform
• Integrating 2D barcodes and/or NFC
• Internet, Mobile Internet, iOS, Android
Smart SMS, email and mobile notifications
Create surveys and analyze the results in real-time
Indicate a problem with a photo or document and get automated follow-up
Information / resident contact information and transaction receipts
Other modules that may be added to complement the basic resident platform
Allows a municipal organization to download a mobile application to read digital resident cards.
• Multi-format barcode reader
• Instant validation
• Inform citizens on the projects so they can participate and give their opinions
• Follow up with the citizen on the projects they’ve been participating on
• Get citizen involved in their city
• Request a permit (sticker) and pay online
• Choose the type of permit (provide supporting documents, etc.)
• Optimization of parking space
• See the permit requests submitted
• Cancel a permit request or renew a permit
• Optical character recognition using cell phone cameras (accelerates the payment process)
• Multi-city payment (a single application for parking in multiple cities)
• Prepaid parking (possibility of buying time credits)
• Locate my parked vehicle (card with geolocation)
• Geo-localized stations with identification of parking spots available
• Algorithm allowing residents to ask a question (orally or in writing) and to receive an answer instantaneously
• Multiple languages available
• Natural language processing using syntactic analysis
• Analysis of usage, relevance and detection of patterns
• Find a disposal site depending on the type of multi-channel waste (Web, Mobile Web, iOS, Android)
• Locate the address on a digital map
• Data recovery and disposal patterns
• Access and pay invoices online (taxes, library fines, parking tickets, etc.)
Signing of a contract with the City of Bromont and the City of Boisbriand.
Signing of a contract with the City of Mont-Tremblant.
Official market launch of the B-CITI platform across Canada.
Deployment with the City of Sherbrooke.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Lambert.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Constant.
B-CITI is a finalist in the “2016 Smart Cities Challenge” organized by Ericsson.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Basile-le-Grand.
Signing of a contract with the City of Beloeil.
Signing of contracts with the cities of Blainville and Longueuil.
Signing of a contract with the City of Sherbrooke.
Deployment with the City of Brossard. On-the-ground testing of the platform, which sees great success.
Signing of a contract with the City of Brossard.
Beginning of the pre-commercialization stage (mock-up, branding) to test cities’ interest in the platform.
A team dedicated to the B-CITI project is established to develop the brand and to design the user experience and platform itself.
Metix Inc., a digital disturber that designs, develops and commercializes digital innovations with high commercial potential on the international scale, signs a partnership with the City of Brossard and ÉTS to develop the first-ever smart city platform.
|Secure Data Depot||Yes||No|
|SMS alerts, email, etc.||Yes||Yes|
|Parking permit management||Yes||No|
|Knowledge Base(machine learning)||Yes||No|
|Real-time analysis dashboard||Yes||Yes|
VIVIANNE GRAVEL, LL.M
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, B-CITI
Vivianne is widely recognized as a pioneer and activator of mobile, digital and AI innovations that inspire positive impacts while improving organizational performance and people’s lives.
A Canadian entrepreneur and businesswoman with a global vision, Vivianne co-founded LIPSO – the first integrated mobile platform company in Quebec – after years of experience in C-level positions with international scope at top companies such as Spectra Telecom and KPMG. LIPSO went on to have a successful exit under Vivianne’s leadership in 2010.
With her team and partners – some of them long-term business relationships – she also launched and propelled METIX, Chronometriq, METO, METIX Capital and, more recently, B-CITI Solutions, an integrated intelligent platform that leverages Artificial Intelligence to efficiently connect cities to their residents while simultaneously connecting cities to each other.
Vivianne is known for creating win-win partnerships with leading universities, cities, airports, government agencies, financial institutions and more. Her ability to anticipate needs and trends, as well as to communicate a clear vision and concretely implement it, serve to increase value for stakeholders. She is a sought-after keynote speaker on Artificial Intelligence and IT innovation.Awards:
Quebec Women’s Entrepreneurship Award (Incontournable de l’entrepreneuriat au Québec), 2013 - Premières en Affaires.
LIPSO is recognized as one of the most innovative companies in Canada in mobile solutions.
Board of directors
Montreal, Qc, H3C 2G9