Discover the benefits of B-CITI for your municipality
By 2050, about 70% of the world's population will live in urban areas.UN - 2014
The number of Internet-connected devices hit 8.7 billion in 2012. IP-enabled sensors are projected to exceed 50 billion by 2020.BCG Perspectives: Navigating a world of digital disruption - 2015
More and more cities are using data to animate and inform interactions between government and citizens to improve wellbeing.Governing the Smart, Connected City HBR – 2014
A city becomes smart when it can cross and centralize data and technological processes so as to optimize the functioning of its divisions.ITIS - 2012
Download our B-CITI apps for Android and iOS
B-CITI brings cities closer to their residents. B-CITI is an integrated intelligent multi-modal/multi-channel platform: B-CITI connects systems, centralizes and cleans data, digitizes resident services and provides real-time analytics dashboards. B-CITI helps cities move from fragmented to global and improved management, simplifying operations and enhancing the quality of life of its residents.
Smart resident platform
• Integrating 2D barcodes and/or NFC
• Internet, Mobile Internet, iOS, Android
Smart SMS, email and mobile notifications
Create surveys and analyze the results in real-time
Indicate a problem with a photo or document and get automated follow-up
Information / resident contact information and transaction receipts
Other modules that may be added to complement the basic resident platform
Allows a municipal organization to download a mobile application to read digital resident cards.
• Multi-format barcode reader
• Instant validation
• Inform citizens on the projects so they can participate and give their opinions
• Follow up with the citizen on the projects they’ve been participating on
• Get citizen involved in their city
• Request a permit (sticker) and pay online
• Choose the type of permit (provide supporting documents, etc.)
• Optimization of parking space
• See the permit requests submitted
• Cancel a permit request or renew a permit
• Optical character recognition using cell phone cameras (accelerates the payment process)
• Multi-city payment (a single application for parking in multiple cities)
• Prepaid parking (possibility of buying time credits)
• Locate my parked vehicle (card with geolocation)
• Geo-localized stations with identification of parking spots available
• Algorithm allowing residents to ask a question (orally or in writing) and to receive an answer instantaneously
• Multiple languages available
• Natural language processing using syntactic analysis
• Analysis of usage, relevance and detection of patterns
• Find a disposal site depending on the type of multi-channel waste (Web, Mobile Web, iOS, Android)
• Locate the address on a digital map
• Data recovery and disposal patterns
• Access and pay invoices online (taxes, library fines, parking tickets, etc.)
Signing of a contract with the City of Bromont and the City of Boisbriand.
Signing of a contract with the City of Mont-Tremblant.
Official market launch of the B-CITI platform across Canada.
Deployment with the City of Sherbrooke.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Lambert.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Constant.
B-CITI is a finalist in the “2016 Smart Cities Challenge” organized by Ericsson.
Signing of a contract with the City of Saint-Basile-le-Grand.
Signing of a contract with the City of Beloeil.
Signing of contracts with the cities of Blainville and Longueuil.
Signing of a contract with the City of Sherbrooke.
Deployment with the City of Brossard. On-the-ground testing of the platform, which sees great success.
Signing of a contract with the City of Brossard.
Beginning of the pre-commercialization stage (mock-up, branding) to test cities’ interest in the platform.
A team dedicated to the B-CITI project is established to develop the brand and to design the user experience and platform itself.
Metix Inc., a digital disturber that designs, develops and commercializes digital innovations with high commercial potential on the international scale, signs a partnership with the City of Brossard and ÉTS to develop the first-ever smart city platform.
|Secure Data Depot||Yes||No|
|SMS alerts, email, etc.||Yes||Yes|
|Parking permit management||Yes||No|
|Knowledge Base(machine learning)||Yes||No|
|Real-time analysis dashboard||Yes||Yes|
VIVIANNE GRAVEL, LL.M
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, B-CITI
As one of Quebec’s most renowned entrepreneurs, specialized in world-class digital technologies, Vivianne has founded and co-founded multiple innovative companies over the course of her career, including B-CITI, METIX and LIPSO. Holding a master’s degree in law, Vivianne has also acquired over 20 years of experience in strategic management at large companies both in Canada and abroad.
After acquiring solid experience as a senior executive, most notably at KPMG and Spectra Telecom, Vivianne co-founded LIPSO, an avant-garde mobile technologies company, in the early 2000s. With her team, she led the company to international success by integrating digital innovation, commercialization and financing, all with boundless enthusiasm, to design mobile digital solutions. LIPSO developed two well-known patents and mobile solutions that are still active today: a mobile parking payment service for Stationnement de Montréal and Air Canada’s mobile boarding pass. In 2010, as LIPSO sales exceeded $30 million, the company was acquired by Transcontinental, and Vivianne decided to take a break to spend more time with her family.
In 2012, together with high-calibre partners and a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of professionals, Vivianne came back full force and gave herself the mission of growing similar businesses by founding METIX CAPITAL and METIX, a digital disrupter that designs, develops and commercializes proprietary digital innovations. Since 2012, METIX has launched four digital projects under Vivianne’s leadership: Chronometriq, CertifiéTech, METO and B-CITI. In April 2016, B-CITI became an independent entity, a successful spin-off of METIX, in partnership with the City of Brossard and the École de Technologie Supérieure.Awards:
Quebec Women’s Entrepreneurship Award (Incontournable de l’entrepreneuriat au Québec), 2013 - Premières en Affaires.
LIPSO is recognized as one of the most innovative companies in Canada in mobile solutions.
Board of directors
Montreal, Qc, H3C 2G9